We are seeking a House Director who will be responsible for managing the Pi Beta Phi Chapter House on the University of Mississippi campus. The primary responsibility of the House Director is to ensure a safe and secure living environment for residents. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting residents with housing concerns and providing support.
- Offering mentorship and guidance to residents.
- Coordinating repairs and maintenance of chapter house as needed.
- Overseeing the operations of cleaning services and landscaping services ensuring that these employees and/or vendors are fulfilling responsibilities as per their individual contracts. Report concerns to the House Corporation.
- Advising the House Corporation Board on matters concerning the conditions of the house, the furnishings and the need for repair and replacements.
- Assisting in preparations for opening and closing of the chapter house, specifically coordinating the moving in and moving out of residents.
- Maintaining a list of repair and service companies as well as a repair and service log.
- Attending monthly meetings of fraternity/sorority house directors sponsored by the University of Mississippi.
- Serving as point of contact for the House Corporation and the University of Mississippi.
- Maintaining visibility in the sorority house through student interactions and engagement.
- Collaborating with the House Corporation to ensure compliance with chapter policies.
- Assisting the House Corporation and the University of Mississippi to ensure routine house inspections and fire drills have been completed.
- Responding to and managing emergencies as needed.
- Protecting the positive reputation of the sorority, including individual members, the chapter, all volunteers and staff on the University campus and community.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all sorority information, business and member practices.
- Maintaining consistent contact with local chapter leaders, local volunteers, and direct supervisor on House Corporation.
- Enforcing and abiding campus, Sorority, and chapter policies and rules.
- Exuding proper social grace and etiquette.
- Communicating critical information in a clear and professional manner.
Job Qualifications: We are seeking someone with strong communication skills, budgeting skills, expense management skills, and organizational skills as well as someone who is mature and able to handle a variety of situations. Preference will be given to applicants with experience and training in Organizational Management, Facilities Management, and/or Event/Party Planning. The house director is required to live in the chapter house and be present in the facility overnight, 7 nights a week. If the individual was affiliated with a sorority at the University of Mississippi, the applicant must be removed (graduated) from the University for a minimum of five academic years. Applicant must complete and pass a criminal background check and have a valid driver’s license. Experience with the use of Microsoft or Google office tools such as email, word processing, and spreadsheet software is necessary. The University of Mississippi is a Smoke-Free campus, this includes the residential facilities; therefore, we are seeking a non-smoker. COVID-19 vaccination or agreement to obtain one within the agreed upon time frame is also necessary. The appropriate applicant will be able to lift 25 pounds or greater and have the physical mobility and dexterity to maneuver multiple flights of stairs daily. High school diploma required. References will be required.
Compensation: The house director receives a monthly stipend as well as room and board in the chapter house. The house director will live in a modest two-room furnished suite. Basic utilities, internet, and a meal plan are provided as part of the compensation package. Parking on campus is included as well. Vacation and paid time off with prior approval by House Corporation is also included in the compensation package.