We have an opportunity for a full time Resident House Director at the Alpha Phi Delta Theta Chapter at Western Michigan University. Our beautiful chapter home was built in 1969 and houses 50 women. The house director is responsible for the onsite property management as directed by the House Corporation Board (HCB) which is made up of experienced alumnae volunteers and collegiate officers. It is the goal of the board and the house director to keep the house safe and secure, well-maintained and organized, and fiscally sound. Desired start would be by August 1, 2017 or sooner.
- Excellent communication, managerial and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to perform basic functions of Microsoft Word and Excel such as simple spreadsheets and scanning of PDF files
- Positive solution-focused attitude
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with vendors, staff, service providers, community resources, students, parents, and alumnae
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women, patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Must be physically active and able to perform normal physical functions including lifting up to 25 pounds, bending, stretching and going up and down stairs on a daily basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous House Director experience and/or working with college students
- Property management experience
- Proven managerial skills
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff.
- Observes HCB policies and procedures.
- Manages multiple service providers.
- Coordinates routine maintenance.
- Supervises the kitchen staff.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the HCB.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and chapter policies and rules.
- Communicates regularly with chapter president and house manager.
- Portrays herself as a positive role model for the collegiate residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
TIME COMMITTMENT and BENEFITS: Forty hour workweek with a one bedroom apartment with utilities are provided. Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made with the approval of the HCB. All meals will be provided when the collegians are in the house. Internet and cable access with DVR, laptop computer with printer/scanner, on-site vehicle parking, exercise & laundry facilities are also provided. There is also an additional salary which is paid biweekly throughout the year.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, animal and firearms free environment.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com with ‘House Director’ in the subject line.