The resident house director is responsible for the onsite property management as directed by the House Corporation Board (HCB) which is made up of experienced alumnae volunteers and collegiate officers. It is the goal of the board and the house director to keep the house safe and secure, well-maintained and organized, and fiscally sound. The house has a capacity of up to 50 residents.
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff of two employees (chef & kitchen assistant).
- Observes HCB policies and procedures.
- Manages multiple service providers.
- Coordinates routine maintenance.
- Supervises the kitchen staff.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the HCB.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and chapter policies and rules.
- Communicates regularly with chapter president and house manager.
- Portrays herself as a positive role model for the collegiate residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, managerial and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to perform basic functions of Microsoft Word and Excel such as simple spreadsheets and scanning of PDF files
- Positive solution-focused attitude
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with vendors, staff, service providers, community resources, students, parents, and alumnae
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women, patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Must be physically active and able to perform normal physical functions including lifting up to 25 pounds, bending, stretching and going up and down stairs on a daily basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous House Director experience and/or working with college students
- Property management experience
- Proven managerial skills
TIME COMMITMENT and BENEFITS: A one bedroom apartment with utilities is provided. Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made with the approval. All meals will be provided during WMU fall and spring term sessions. Internet and cable access with DVR, on-site vehicle parking, exercise & laundry facilities are also provided. There is also an additional salary which is paid biweekly throughout the year.
Desired starting date is January 2018.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, animal and firearms free environment.