Chi Omega Chapter at the University of New Mexico is seeking a full time, live in House Director. The Chapter has a total of 90 members, 44 house residents. The House Director will work directly under the supervision of the local House Corporation Board. The House Director will be responsible for day to day facility management, supervision of household employees, and promote a healthy and productive environment for the residents and members of the sorority. The House Director will work directly with the local House Corporation Board, be a liaison between the Active Chapter, House Corporation, and Advisory Board.
Qualified candidates must have excellent organization and communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with students, parents, alumnae, and contractors. Must enjoy working with college age women. Ability to work independently and keep confidential information.
House Director Duties:
• Ensures all house rules and regulations are being followed.
• Walk the premises daily and make note of any areas of concern. Make sure the home is kept clean and well maintained.
• Promote positive environment for young academic women and household staff.
• Schedule and attend any maintenance needed at the house, with House Corporations approval, must report any issues in a timely manner.
• Must live on premises throughout term of agreement, no animals, smoking, alcohol or firearms permitted.
• Maintain a professional relationship with all vendors, members and board members.
• Supervise household staff daily
• Help with meal planning and food orders on a weekly basis. Must keep within an allotted budget for food/supply purchases.
• Must be able to comfortably climb 3 flights of stairs and lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
• Oversee the opening and closing of the chapter house each semester and school breaks.
• Serve as hostess for the chapter for events held at the chapter house and help with event planning. Provide a “home away from home” atmosphere.
• Communicate regularly with the chapter president, house manager, and house corporation board
The house director will receive a salary. Benefits include: private furnished apartment with living room/bedroom/bathroom, meals provided through chapter meal service, cable TV, Internet, designated parking space and all University holidays.
Applications should be submitted along with 3 references. All applicants must have a valid drivers license.