Gamma Chi Chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha
Under the direction of the House Corporation Board (HCB), the House Director’s primary responsibility is managing a gracious, well-organized, fiscally sound, safe and secure, smoothly operating fraternity house.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Basic bookkeeping
- Ability to perform basic functions of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel such as simple spreadsheets and scanning of PDF files
- Positive solution-focused attitude
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with vendors, staff, service providers, community resources, students, parents, and alumnae
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women, patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous House Mom/Director (Sorority) experience
- Property management experience
- Proven managerial skills
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff (if applicable).
- Observes HCB policies and procedures.
- Manages multiple service providers.
- Coordinates routine maintenance.
- Creates strategy for the long term care and upkeep of the facility and presents to the House Corporation Board.
- Supervises the kitchen and housekeeping staff while coordinating input from the collegians.
- Purchases kitchen and cleaning and other necessary supplies.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the HCB.
- Manages all minor repairs under $500. Notifies HCB of major repairs that exceed $500 with estimates that need to be done. Reports immediately to the HCB, all damages which require insurance claims.
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the chapter adviser.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and chapter policies and rules.
- Communicates regularly with chapter president and house manager.
- Maintains and is responsible for a petty cash fund for small expenses.
- Creates a comfortable atmosphere within the chapter house.
- Encourages proper social graces and etiquette among members.
- Serves as the official hostess for the chapter at social events held at the chapter house.
TIME COMMITTMENT and BENEFITS: Forty plus hour workweek with a furnished suite with kitchenette and washer/dryer and utilities provided. Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision. All meals will be provided when the collegians are in the house.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, animal and firearms free environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Pike House Mom / Director in the subject line.