Name of the Sorority: Zeta Tau Alpha, Theta Xi Chapter
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
Date the position begins: August 2019
The House Director serves as the onsite manager for Zeta Tau Alpha at Rutgers University and is responsible for assisting with the development, safety and well-being of 36 residents in the house. The House Director resides in an apartment suite in the house and participates in the planning of chapter house activities, operations, and maintenance. Room and board are provided during the school year.
Interested candidates are required to submit both a resume and cover letter. You may also include any questions you may have about the position.
The House Director must be professional and have good organizational and communication skills. She must exercise good judgement and adhere to all rules and regulations as they apply to the Zeta Tau Alpha house. Applicant must possess:
- Positive, solution-focused attitude
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with members, parents, alumnae, service providers, campus representatives, and community resources
- Proficient with basic budgeting
- Understanding of technology functions including Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to scan documents
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with collegiate women, patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidential information
- Availability to reside at the Chapter house and be on call for urgent situations
- Capability to perform typical activities such as climbing up to three flights of stairs, lifting, and bending
- Possess a valid driver’s license
The House Director will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include: a private, furnished live-in apartment with office/living space, bedroom, and private bath, meals when collegians are in the house, cable TV, landline phone, Internet connection, a designated parking space, and all University holidays. Minimal Essential Care (MEC Plan) Health Insurance is available through Reliance. The House Director is eligible for paid vacation and sick days. During the summer break, the chapter house closes, and the House Director will have limited responsibilities and extensive free time for personal activities. The House Director is employed for a 10-month contractual period and is required to reside onsite during all nights when chapter members are in residence.
**This is a smoke, animal, drug, and alcohol-free environment.
Applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Brittany DiMeglio at email@example.com
- Previous experience working with college-age students: 1 year
- Previous House Director, University Residence Life or facility management experience is beneficial: 1 year