Beta Tau House Corporation of Sigma Kappa Sorority at the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL is seeking a live-in House Director. The brand new house was rebuilt this year and sits on UF’s Sorority Row. The house sleeps 66 collegiate members of a 250+ member chapter. House Director will reside in a private suite with bedroom, bath, walk-in closet, and living area including kitchenette and laundry. The House Director’s primary responsibility is managing a gracious, well-organized, fiscally sound, safe and secure, smoothly operating house. Candidate must have an employment record of holding positions requiring trust and responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills with a positive solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate functions of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to scan and email documents
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information.
- Professional and diplomatic interactions with students, parents, alumnae, service providers and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly with college-age women, including patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Property/Facility Management experience (non-leasing agent)
- Previous House Director experience
- Proven managerial and bookkeeping skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- CPR/First Aid training
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff.
- Reports to Housing Corporation President.
- Manages multiple service providers and submits quotes and ready-to-pay invoices on a consistent basis.
- Reports annually on major improvements needed and the long term care and upkeep of the facility.
- Supervises the kitchen and housekeeping staff.
- Purchases kitchen and cleaning and other necessary supplies, unless otherwise provided.
- Communicates house maintenance issues.
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter.
- Adheres to campus, Sorority and chapter policies and rules.
- Observes NHC policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, email formatting and invoice/receipt submission.
- Communicates regularly with chapter president, house manager, housekeeping, chef and NHC and HC president.
- Maintains and is responsible for a petty cash fund for small expenses.
- Encourages proper communication and respect among members.
- Serves as the official hostess for the chapter at social events held at the chapter house.
- Creates and fosters a comfortable atmosphere within the chapter house.
- Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week when members are in residence, except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision. One weekend off will be allotted per semester when the House Director finds a substitute and obtains approval from HC president.
BENEFITS : Separate living space with utilities, cable, internet, parking and cell phone allowance included. All meals will be provided when the collegians are in the house. Paid vacation.
Wage range competitive; depending on experience. No relocation assistance will be provided.
**ALL CANDIDATES Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a background check.
**Sigma Kappa houses are smoke, alcohol, drugs, animal, and firearms free environments.
Job Type: 30-40hrs per week as required, fulfilling position requirements
Start Date: on or before August 1, 2018
- House Director, Property Management, or Operations: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
- High school or equivalent
Requirement: Send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.