Name of the Sorority: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Epsilon Zeta Chapter
Institution: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL)
Date the position begins: August 1, 2018
Kappa Kappa Gamma is looking for an energetic, organized, caring individual to fill the position of a full-time, live-in House Director at Florida State University. The House Director will serve as the property manager for the residential chapter house facility. The House Director also serves as the official hostess of the chapter house and must be comfortable working closely with collegiate women, alumnae volunteers, staff, and vendors/contractors. This individual must be accessible and approachable and also understand the need for discretion and maintaining confidentiality. The ideal candidate will pay close attention to detail and posses the ability to carefully maintain record keeping. The House Director resides at the Sorority House on campus during the school year, including weekends, and maintains responsibilities during the summer when the house is closed.
The Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter at Florida State University has over 240 active members and houses 57. All active members participate in the meal plan. Fifteen meals are provided during the week between Sunday dinner and Friday lunch.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to being the liaison with the food service provider, to assist with kitchen needs, overseeing housekeeping, dining, house and property maintenance, and security staff. Responsibilities include coordinating the day-to-day facility management, household repairs and working with chapter members on the planning of special events to be held at the house. The House Director will help ensure the safety of all house occupants and coordinate with members of the House Corporation Board on the engagement and supervision of various vendors.
Most importantly, the House Director maintains ongoing communications regarding property management with the Epsilon Zeta Chapter through its Chapter Council and Epsilon Zeta’s House Board.
The House Director must maintain professionalism and have good organizational, communication, and computer skills. The House Director must exercise good judgment and facilitate adherence to all rules and regulations as they apply to the Kappa Kappa Gamma house. Applicant must enjoy working with and mentoring young women, be flexible and exhibit awareness of the unique demands of living and working with university students while finding balance outside of the house with a personal life.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Pass a background check.
- Previous property management and supervision experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a sorority house that houses 40 or more members.
- Able to perform physical functions including but not limited to lifting, bending, stretching, climbing stairs, step ladders, and the ability to lift at least 25lbs.
- A valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle and valid proof of auto insurance.
- Renters Insurance.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient in document management.
- Proficient in using email platforms and effective communication skills for reading and composing electronic correspondence.
- Proficient English communication skills.
- Adherence to established protocol/procedures for house business.
- Availability to work during established business hours, including the posting of specific in-office hours for chapter members. Availability to meet weekly with the House Chair, house staff, vendors, and House Board members and chapter advisors as needed.
- Well-organized for time and task efficiency.
- Experience with successful crisis management and intervention.
Salary Range: $30,000 - $40,000 + Live-In Housing Package
If you’re the right person for this position, please forward your resume to ChelseaMShackelford@gmail.com. Interviews will begin in early July.