The Beta Zeta chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma at the University of Iowa is seeking a full time, livein, female house director to begin employment on or before August 1, 2019.
Responsibilities of the House Director position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure a safe and productive environment for chapter members, staff and guests of the House
- facility management and oversight of daytoday household repairs & maintenance;
- Communicate house maintenance issues to the House Board in a timely matter
- Manage and oversee the House Director budget for house expenses; reconcile receipts and purchase orders; communicate with House Board Treasurer and the Business Office
- Collaborate with the chef, kitchen assistant and chapter members for meal planning
- Assists with the required fire drills and other required inspections; specifically seeking out any damage to the House. Meets and communicates regularly any unusual trends, activities and/or problems with House Board and/or Chapter House Chair as needed
- acting as a positive role model and mentor to chapter members;
- performing small maintenance & house tasks (including: watering plants, sorting mail, changing light bulbs, making coffee.)
Successful applicants will:
- be willing to live in a smoke and gun free facility;
- possess a strong work ethic, communication skills, and organizational skills;
- be able to interact professionally with students, parents, alumnae, employees, contractors, and board members;
- be experienced managing a budget & using basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Google.
- be able to communicate well via email, text message and in person
Salary and benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include private apartment and bathroom; board, including all utilities, wireless internet, cable, & cell phone stipend; parking, health insurance, and access to meals as prepared by chapter chef.
Experience: previous house director or Greek Life experience preferred
Education: College Education, preferred; Minimum requirement, High School diploma
Technical Experience, must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, email, texting, scanning and copying
Travel: Local travel
Lifting: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
Email your resume with a cover letter to House Board President, Kristen Mueller, at KKGBZHB@gmail.com to apply.