We are currently seeking a House Director for the Alpha Xi chapter of Delta Gamma at West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV to start as soon as the candidate is available. Our house was originally built in 1941 and is a beautiful residence that houses up to 32 women. As the on-site property manager of the house coordinating day-to-day facility management and under the direction of the House Corporation Board (HCB), the House Director’s primary responsibility is managing a gracious, well-organized, fiscally sound, safe and secure, smoothly operating sorority house.
- Excellent communication, managerial and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be present, available, accessible and approachable to the vendors, staff, chapter members, etc.
- Basic bookkeeping, record keeping and attention to detail
- Ability to perform basic functions of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel such as simple spreadsheets and scanning of PDF files
- Positive solution-focused attitude
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with vendors, staff, service providers, community resources, students, parents, and alumnae
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women, patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Must be physically active and able to perform normal physical functions including lifting up to 25 pounds, bending, stretching and going up and down several flights of stairs on a daily basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous House Director experience and/or working with college students
- Property management experience
- Proven managerial skills
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff (if applicable).
- Observes HCB policies and procedures.
- Manages multiple service providers.
- Coordinates routine maintenance.
- Creates strategy for the long-term care and upkeep of the facility and presents to the House Corporation Board.
- Supervises the kitchen and housekeeping staff while coordinating input from the collegians.
- Purchases kitchen and cleaning and other necessary supplies.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the HCB.
- Manages all minor repairs under $500. Notifies HCB of major repairs that exceed $500 with estimates that need to be done. Reports immediately to the HCB, all damages which require insurance claims.
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the chapter adviser.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and chapter policies and rules.
- Communicates regularly with chapter president and house manager.
- Maintains and is responsible for a petty cash fund for small expenses.
- Creates a comfortable atmosphere within the chapter house.
- Encourages proper social graces and etiquette among members and portrays herself as a positive role model.
- Serves as the official hostess for the chapter at social events held at the chapter house.
- Other duties as assigned.
TIME COMMITTMENT and BENEFITS: Forty plus hour workweek with a suite and utilities provided. Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision. All meals will be provided when the collegians are in the house. Internet access, computer with printer/scanner, on-site vehicle parking, laundry facilities, and access to university resources and activities are also provided.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, animal and firearms free environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Alpha Xi House Director’ in the subject line.