Alpha Phi at the University of Minnesota Sorority currently has 42 women living in the house. We are currently seeking a dynamic House Director to start in January 2021. The total compensation for this position includes private living quarters (apartment), utilities, cable, internet/Wi-Fi, on-site laundry facilities, reserved parking space, all meals provided when the collegians are in residence, paid University recognized holidays, a flexible schedule and a competitive salary, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated house director and/or property management experience and strong communication skills. Proven experience in providing a safe and secure sorority house a plus. Covid-19 precautionary measures are in place to protect the women and employees, including masks required in all common areas.
The main responsibilities of the House Director are to manage the proper care, operations and maintenance of the Epsilon Chapter House of Alpha Phi in accordance with the local health, safety and fire codes and the housing policies of the Epsilon House Corporation Board, Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Phi and Alpha Phi International Fraternity, Inc.
The House Director will oversee the day-to-day operation of the chapter house including management of personnel, coordination of contractors, vendors and service providers, while staying within the provided budget. The House Director will also serve as a liaison with the University and hostess to the chapter house, when requested.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Ensures a safe, comfortable and productive environment for collegians.
- Coordinates routine maintenance and manages multiple service providers.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the House Corporation.
- Notifies the House Corporation of major repairs with estimates that need to be done.
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the Chapter Adviser.
- Communicates professionally and regularly with Chapter President and Director of Chapter Operations.
- Oversees cleaning staff for chapter house.
- Maintains and is responsible for a credit card for small expenses.
- Work with the Head Cook, all vendors and the HCB Treasurer to send the appropriate invoices, information and billings to the accountant.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and Chapter policies and rules.
- Observes House Corporation Board policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Previous Property Management experience. Previous House Director experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to perform basic functions in Microsoft Word, Excel and the ability to scan and email documents.
- Positive solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with students, parents, alumnae, service providers and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women. Must be patient and have the ability to pivot.
Time Commitment :
The House Director must be present at the house on a consistent basis during daytime hours. They must also stay at the house onsite overnight, seven nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision.