We are currently seeking a House Director for the Beta Eta Chapter of Alpha Chi Omega, Florida State University for the 2017-2018 academic year. The chapter facility houses 40 members, and chapter total is 270+ members. The house director; will serve as the on-site property manager of the facility. The house director will coordinate day-to-day facility management working with the VP Facility Advisor and NHC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: serving as on-site risk manager for the chapter facility, assisting in setting up inspections as required by university, local, state and federal laws, making recommendations on facility maintenance and repair needs, overseeing general facility repairs and maintenance, conducting annual house inspections, maintaining inventory of facility property.
- Excellent communication, managerial and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be present, available, accessible and approachable to the vendors, staff, chapter members, etc.
- Basic bookkeeping, record keeping and attention to detail
- Ability to perform basic functions of Email, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel such as simple spreadsheets and scanning of PDF files
- Positive solution-focused attitude
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with vendors, staff, service providers, community resources, students, parents, and alumnae
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women, patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Must be physically active and able to perform normal physical functions including lifting up to 25 pounds, bending, stretching and going up and down several flights of stairs on a daily basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Greek System
- Property management experience
- Proven managerial skills
- Experience working with college students
Time commitment and benefits: Forty plus hour workweek. House Director must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision with Facility Advisor. House Director will be provided with newly renovated suite with in suite laundry. House Director utilities, internet access, computer with printer/scanner, on-site vehicle parking included. House Director will be provided with meal plan when collegians are present in the facility.
To apply, please send resume to AlphaChiFSUHDSearch@gmail.com