The Iota Rho Chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC) has an opening for a professional, personable, energetic, organized, full time, live-in female House Director.
The chapter house has a capacity of 22 members (total chapter membership is approx. 180).
The House Director is an employee of the chapter. The ZTA Fraternity Housing Corporation (FHC) and local advisory board play a vital role in assisting the chapter in its role as employer. The House Director will work closely with the Chapter's General Advisor, House Manager, Treasurer, and President. The House Director’s primary responsibility is managing a gracious, well-organized, fiscally sound, safe and secure, smoothly operating house.
Candidate must enjoy working with collegiate women in a harmonious manner, have the ability to budget, work with the chapter chef to plan meals and order food, work effectively with staff and service providers, and encourage an optimal housing experience for the chapter.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians.
- Oversees the opening and closing of the chapter house each semester and during breaks and supervises contracted work during the summer as needed.
- Supervises employees, including housekeeping service, landscaper, handy man, and kitchen staff.
- Works directly with the chapter chef to plan and coordinate meal services including the budgets and purchases related to food service and household supplies.
- Serves as official hostess for the Chapter.
- Expends budgeted funds made available to her in accordance with the chapter budget.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the FHC.
- Adheres to campus, Sorority, and chapter policies and rules.
- Creates and fosters a comfortable atmosphere within the chapter house; creating a "home-away-from-home" environment
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the chapter advisor.
- Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week when members are in residence, except when prior arrangements have been made for other supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate functions of Microsoft.
- Ability to scan and email documents to advisors and FHC on a regular basis and communicate with FHC primarily through email.
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with students, parents, alumnae, service providers, and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly with college-age women, including patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to climb up flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary.
- Basic bookkeeping.
- Positive, solution-focused attitude.
-Property/Facility Management experience
-Previous House Director experience
-Proven managerial skills
Package includes salary, separate cottage (with private bathroom, bedroom, and living space), parking space, meals (when chapter members are present), utilities, and wireless internet.
Please include your resume, letter of interest, and references.
**ALL CANDIDATES must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a background check.
**Zeta Tau Alpha houses are smoke, alcohol, drugs, animal, and firearm free environment.
Job Type: Full-time