Kappa Kappa Gamma - CU Boulder
Kappa Kappa Gamma at University of Colorado at Boulder is looking for a House Director. The House Director’s primary responsibility is managing a gracious, fiscally sound, well-organized, healthy, safe, and secure chapter facility. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties outlined below. This is a full-time, residency-required position. The chapter facility is a smoke, alcohol, drugs, pet, and firearms free housing environment.
- Live on site throughout the term of employment as defined in the House Director Employment Agreement.
- Observe and honor all Fraternity housing policies and chapter house rules.
- Serve as the facility manager.
- Supervise the opening and closing of the facility each term.
- Supervise and oversee food service and kitchen management.
- Supervise and oversee cleaning staff.
- Arrange for routine services such as cleaning, equipment maintenance, landscaping, pest control, and required facility inspections.
- Manage all deliveries and repairs.
- Be able to locate and operate all major utility cutoffs.
- Maintain financials while complying with compulsory control requirements and best financial practices.
- Prepare an annual budget.
- Ensure life-safety requirements are met.
- Perform a nightly security check of the house upon closing hours.
- Serve as chapter hostess.
- Provide a comfortable living environment for members and their guests by promoting social graciousness in all aspects of daily living.
- Set office hours when your door is open to the members in order to inspire regular and supportive communication.
- Encourage a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Foster appropriate communication and respect among members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, hospitality or related field.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate functions of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and proven managerial skills.
- A calm demeanor exhibiting maturity, approachability, patience, and adaptability is beneficial.
- Ability to perform normal physical functions, including lifting, bending and stretching.
- Previous house director or property management experience preferred.
- Due to the job requirement of residence in a women’s-only facility, only female candidates will be considered.
- Desired traits include excellent communication skills with a positive solution-focused attitude and the ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with members, students, parents, alumnae, service providers and University/community resources.
- Room and board with utilities included.
- Private House Director suite with separate space for living room, office, bedroom, and bathroom.
- Designated parking space.
- Compensation range competitive; commensurate with experience.