The House Director manages the daily operations of the Kappa Kappa Gamma women's Fraternity chapter facility on the Northwestern University campus and shall maintain the facility in accordance with all Fraternity, House Corporation and state/local recommendations and regulations for good health, life safety, and security standards. The House Director will conduct House Department business and maintain the House Department operations by adhering to sound financial and business management practices. This position serves as the primary point of face-to-face contact between the chapter members and the House Corporation, and in all aspects performs tasks according to KKG published standards of quality, efficiency, and best corporate practices.
This position is a 10-month Exempt Director Position reporting to the House Corporation Board of Trustees. The annual employment contract specifies dates of service from September 2020 to June 2021 and may be renewed annually. The work schedule requires the completion of tasks during regular operational periods when residents are present and for tasks that must occur only when residents are not present on the premises.
Compensation will be determined commensurate with experience and is comprised of salary with paid time off (PTO), room and board. In addition to the negotiated volume of PTO, the House Director enjoys holiday time that coincides with University closures.
Summary of Duties:
- Reside in the campus facility during the academic year, adhering to all applicable policies of this non-smoking, substance-free (alcohol included), pet-free residence (firearms and open flame also prohibited).
- Maintain the facility in accordance with the Fraternity, House Board, and state and local regulations for good health, life safety, and security standards.
- Maintain House Department financial books, ledgers, and records.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Maintain a schedule of office hours available to stakeholders.
- Coordinate food services, subcontractors, supplies, storage, shipping and deliveries, maintenance, cleanliness, etc. with input and directions from the House Board.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with House Board members, chapter leaders and advisers, Fraternity staff and volunteer leadership.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in any combination of Business Administration, Bookkeeping, Project Management, Facilities Management, Hospitality Management, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting software is required
- Must be able to satisfactorily meet ongoing employment background and drug screens
- Emotional maturity and ability to maintain confidential information
- Self-starter with strong problem solving ability
- Ability to pivot between team and independent decision making
- Experience in a collegiate setting is desirable
- Facilities management experience is preferred
- Staff leadership experience is preferred
Americans with Disabilities Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to drive, stand, walk, climb stairs, sit, use hands to handle and feel objects,, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and head, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing these duties, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild (does not require hearing protection).
Job Type: Contract