Omicron Chapter of Chi Omega
House Director Position
Mature, enthusiastic, and organized individual sought for the position of House Director for
Chi Omega, a national sorority on the University of Illinois campus in Champaign, IL. Successful candidate will work under the direction of the House Corporation Board. She will reside in the sorority house while classes are in session and be responsible for maintaining order and safety for the residents.
Position begins August 1, 2020. To apply, please send resume and letter of interest outlining your work experience and relevant qualifications to email@example.com with “Chi Omega House Director” in the subject line. For highest consideration, apply by June 15, 2020.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information
- Ability to perform basic functions of Microsoft Word, Excel, email and text
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with students, parents, alumnae, service providers, and community resources
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women with
- patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- High School Education
- Ability to frequently climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous House Director experience
- Property management experience
- Proven managerial skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to use Word and Excel
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Observes and enforces House Corporation Board (HCB) house rules, policies, and procedures, as well as University regulations
- Ensures a safe, productive, and pleasant environment for collegians and staff
- Coordinates routine maintenance with multiple service providers
- Communicates larger house maintenance issues to the HCB and reports immediately to the HCB all damages that require insurance claims
- Supervises the kitchen and housekeeping staff while coordinating input from the collegians.
- Purchases kitchen, cleaning, and other supplies when necessary
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the chapter adviser
- Communicates regularly with chapter president and house manager
- Sets out breakfast foods daily at 7 a.m.
- Is present in the dining room for dinner meals
- Coordinates distribution and receipt of member contracts
- Pays monthly household bills and keeps records for the HCB auditor
- Performs room inspections at the end of each semester and levies fines as appropriate
- Coordinates annual maintenance and cleaning prior to the start of school and prepares for city inspections
- Closes the house prior to University vacations and reopens at the end of vacations
TIME COMMITMENT and BENEFITS
40+ hour workweek with a suite and utilities provided. Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made. Salary commensurate with experience and skill set.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, animal and firearms free environment**