Name of the Sorority: Gamma Phi Beta – Beta Lambda
Institution: San Diego State University – San Diego, California
Date the position begins: August 2018
Gamma Phi Beta is looking for an energetic, organized, caring individual to fill the position of a full-time, live-in House Director at San Diego State University. The House Director will serve as the property manager for the residential chapter house facility. The House Director also serves as the official hostess of the chapter house and must be comfortable working closely with collegiate women, alumnae volunteers, staff, and vendors/contractors. This individual must be accessible and approachable and also understand the need for discretion and maintaining confidentiality. The ideal candidate will pay close attention to detail and possess the ability to carefully maintain record keeping. The House Director resides at the Sorority House on campus during the school year, including weekends.
House Director Duties:
• Walk the premises daily and make note of any areas of concern. Make sure the home is kept clean and well maintained.
• Promote positive environment for young academic women and household staff.
• Schedule and attend to any maintenance needed at the house, with House Corporations approval, must report any issues in a timely manner.
• Must live on premises throughout term of agreement.
• Maintain a professional relationship with all vendors, members and board members.
• Supervise household staff daily
• Collaborate with the chef and collegians on meal planning and food orders on a weekly basis. Must keep within an allotted budget for food/supply purchases.
• Oversee the opening and closing of the chapter house each semester and school breaks.
• Communicate regularly with the chapter president, house manager, and house corporation board
Most importantly, the House Director maintains ongoing communications regarding property management with the local House Corporation Board.
The House Director must maintain professionalism and have good organizational, communication, and computer skills. The House Director must exercise good judgment and facilitate adherence to all rules and regulations as they apply to the Gamma Phi Beta house. Applicant must enjoy working with and mentoring young women, be flexible and exhibit awareness of the unique demands of living and working with university students.
Minimum Requirements Include:
· Previous property management and/or supervision experience preferred.
· Excellent computer skills - Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Proficient in document management.
· Proficient in using email platforms and effective communication skills for reading and composing electronic correspondence.
· Adherence to established protocol/procedures for house business.
· Availability to work during established business hours, including the posting of specific in-office hours for chapter members. Availability to meet weekly with the House Chair, house staff, vendors, and House Board members and chapter advisors as needed.
· Well-organized for time and task efficiency.