Seeking a House Director for Univ. of Oregon Sorority to start September 2018. Apartment move-in prior to September.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the direction of the House Corporation Board (HCB), as the House Director, your primary responsibility includes managing a gracious, fiscally sound, safe and smoothly operating sorority house. As House Director you will:
- Provide the Chapter with expertise in event planning and formal etiquette.
- Serve as the official hostess for the Chapter for social events held at the Chapter House.
- Supervise and manage all house staff and operations.
- Purchase kitchen, cleaning and other necessary supplies.
- Ensure a safe and positive productive environment for collegians and staff.
- Observe HCB policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with multiple service providers.
- Coordinate routine maintenance.
- Communicate house maintenance issues to HCB.
- Manage all minor repairs under $500. Notify HCB of major repairs that exceed $500 with estimates that need to be done. Reports immediately to the HCB all damages.
- Create strategy for the long-term care and upkeep of the facility and report to the HCB.
- Communicate any unusual trends and/or problems within the Chapter to HCB and to the Chapter advisers.
- Adhere to University of Oregon campus, Fraternity and Chapter policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with the Chapter President and House Manager.
- Create a comfortable and conducive learning environment within the Chapter House.
- Create a “home away from home” atmosphere within the Chapter House.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous administrative and/or property management experience.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge.
- Ability to perform basic functions of Microsoft Office; Word and Excel.
- Proficient in electronic communications.
- Positive solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with collegians, parents, alumnae, service providers and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility and sense of humor.
- Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary.
- Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made with other adult supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a drug and background check.
Time Commitment and Compensation
- Forty-hour work week; must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made with other adult supervision.
- Compensation package includes: 10 month salary, 12 month on-site separate living space.
- Live-In housing package: utilities, cable, WiFi and laundry.
- Car/cell phone allowance included in addition to salary.
- Personnel parking space.
- All meals will be provided when the collegians are in the house.
- Vacation and Holiday time base on University schedule.
- Salary range competitive, depending on experience: $30,000 - $40,000
No relocation expenses available.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, animal and firearms free environment.
Previous experience with any of the following is beneficial:
- Management experience including appropriate skill sets.
- Facilities/property management or equivalent experience.
- House Director experience (not mandatory).
- Community relations experience.
- High school or equivalent
- Pac 12 – University of Oregon located in Eugene, Oregon.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $30,000 - $40,000 + Live-In Housing Package
If you’re the right person for this position, please forward your resume to UOsororityHDresume@gmail.com Interviews will begin in early July.