House Director Job Description
The House Director’s primary responsibility is managing a gracious, well-organized, fiscally sound, safe and secure, smoothly operating sorority house.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for residents.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the house.
- Uphold the policies and standards of the chapter.
- Manages multiple service providers.
- Coordinates routine maintenance.
- Creates strategy for the long term care and upkeep of the facility and presents to the House Corporation Board.
- Supervises the kitchen and housekeeping staff while coordinating input from the collegians.
- Purchases kitchen and cleaning and other necessary supplies.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the HCB.
- Manages all minor repairs. Notifies HCB of major repairs. Reports immediately to the HCB, all damages which require insurance claims.
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the chapter advisor.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and chapter policies and rules.
- Communicates regularly with chapter president and house manager.
- Encourages proper social graces and etiquette among members and serves as an example.
- Provide support for the sorority members.
- Serves as the official hostess for the chapter at social events held at the chapter house.
- Coordinate opening and closing of the house.
- Creates a “home away from home” atmosphere within the chapter house.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent organization and communication abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Positive solution-focused attitude
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with students, parents, alumnae, service providers and community resources
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women, patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary
- Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, and firearms free environment.
Lodging: Private apartment, parking, utilities, and most meals provided in addition to financial compensation.
12 Month Salary
- Property Management: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
- Springfield, MO