- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff.
- Observes HCB policies and procedures.
- Manages multiple service providers.
- Coordinates routine maintenance.
- Creates strategy for the long term care and upkeep of the facility and presents to the House Corporation Board.
- Supervises the kitchen and housekeeping staff while coordinating input from the collegians.
- Purchases kitchen and cleaning and other necessary supplies.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the HCB.
- Manages all minor repairs under $500. Notifies HCB of major repairs that exceed $500 with estimates that need to be done. Reports immediately to the HCB, all damages which require insurance claims.
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the chapter adviser.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and chapter policies and rules.
- Communicates regularly with chapter president and house manager.
- Maintains and is responsible for a petty cash fund for small expenses.
- Encourages proper social graces and etiquette among members.
- Serves as the official hostess for the chapter at social events held at the chapter house.
- Creates a comfortable atmosphere within the chapter house.
- Previous House Director experience a must.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Basic bookkeeping.
- Ability to perform basic functions of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel such as simple spreadsheets and scanning of PDF files.
- Positive solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with students, parents, alumnae, service providers and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women, patience, flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- While not required, a basic understanding of Spanish is preferred
TIME COMMITTMENT and BENEFITS: Forty plus hour workweek with a suite and utilities provided. Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision. All meals will be provided when the collegians are in the house.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, animal and firearms free environment.