House Director – Illinois
by Staging_SM | Mar 18, 2022
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for residents.
- Observes HCB policies and procedures.
- Manages multiple service providers.
- Coordinates routine maintenance.
- Creates strategy for the long term care and upkeep of the facility and presents to the House Corporation Board.
- Supervises the kitchen and housekeeping staff while coordinating input from the collegians.
- Purchases kitchen and cleaning and other necessary supplies.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the HCB.
- Manages all minor repairs under $500. Notifies HCB of major repairs that exceed $500 with estimates that need to be done. Reports immediately to the HCB, all damages which require insurance claims.
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the chapter adviser.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and chapter policies and rules.
- Communicates regularly with chapter president and house manager.
- Maintains and is responsible for a petty cash fund for small expenses.
- Encourages proper social graces and etiquette among members.
- Serves as the official hostess for the chapter at social events held at the chapter house.
- Creates a “home away from home” atmosphere within the chapter house.