Description: Seeking a part-time, live-in female House Director. Anticipated start date June 1, 2017
The House Director will perform a variety of tasks to ensure smooth daily operations of the facility. This includes, but is not limited to:
- working within provided budgets,
- hiring and supervising kitchen and housekeeping staff,
- scheduling house maintenance and services,
- oversight of all ordering of food, cleaning supplies and any other items needed for house functions,
- enforce house rules and expectations of living in the facility,
- hold regular meeting with women living in the facility,
- reporting to the chapter advisor, housing corporation, and House Manager regularly,
- maintain regular communication with the University and local house directors group as appropriate,
- assisting in room and board fee collection of chapter members,
- providing assistance to chapter members for house-related issues
- coordinating the opening and closing of the house during holidays and breaks,
- maintain appropriate documentation and record-keeping of all house activities,
- ensure the facility is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws to be a multi-person residence.
The house director needs flexible available during the business day to provide supervision to staff and coordinate any maintenance from outside contractors. The house director should have a visible presence in the house throughout the academic year. The house director is expected to sleep in the house most evenings and weekends. Vacation and sick time accrue throughout the contract year.
The house director lives on property in a furnished bedroom suite with a private bath. House Director is expected to comply with national sorority expectations, including no pets, no drugs or alcohol on the property, and no male overnight guests. Must be able to work well with challenging personalities in a fast-paced environment.
Previous sorority/house director experience is preferred. This is a 12-month contract. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Apply: To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter along with three professional references to Tiffani Ziemann at firstname.lastname@example.org