JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: HOUSE DIRECTOR
Our Mission: The Fraternity Housing Corporation elevates the value of Alpha Gamma Delta membership through the provision of the highest quality living and learning environments by developing and maintaining safe, competitive and attractive housing for Alpha Gamma Delta collegiate members.
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present yourself appropriately in all situations.
Deliver your work on-time, on-budget, and to the highest quality.
Believe in the power of young women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission: The live-in House Director manages the day-to-day operations of the chapter house to include handling all administrative tasks, security of the chapter facility, environmental safety, oversight of the physical facility and its grounds, food service program, repairs and maintenance, cleanliness, basic financial matters and supervision of hired staff. Working closely with the assigned Property Manager, the House Director will ensure the highest quality of service is provided, while carrying out all chapter house rules/bylaws, Fraternity, FHC and/or University policies for a comfortable and safe living environment for Alpha Gamma Delta chapter members.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Communicate via phone at least once a week with Property Manager
- Submit house director report weekly
- Communicate in person at least once a week with Property Coordinator and House Chef
- Schedule and conduct the opening and closing of the chapter house
- Schedule and conduct at least one house meeting per semester or quarter
- Maintain a master calendar with University dates, holidays, chapter events, major repairs, etc.
- Manage on-going vendor relationships and negotiate contracts
- Ensure compliance with policies, rules and regulations by Alpha Gamma Delta, the Fraternity Housing Corporation, University and Chapter
- Keep up-to-date information files and records on keys, furnishings/appliances, general maintenance, residents, employees, vendors, security system, etc.
- Manage all minor repairs under $500
- Manage multiple service providers to include identifying vendors, gathering quotes, overseeing work needed and remitting invoices to the Property Manager
- Coordinate routine maintenance and inspections
- Helps create strategy for long term care and upkeep of facility
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise the work responsibilities of the housekeeping staff
- Develop a standard cleaning routine
- Order and maintain adequate levels of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Arrange for yearly deep cleans on floors, rugs, and furniture
- Arrange for lawn, ground and exterior maintenance
- Arrange for regular pest control service
- Environmental Safety
- Schedule and conduct regular inspection of the chapter house and surrounding grounds
- Ensure that all electrical, plumbing and heating systems are in line with code and in proper working order
- Inspect regularly all safety and related devices including fire extinguishers, exit doors, smoke detector, exit lights, alarms, locks, etc.
- Complete three fire drills throughout the academic year
- Designated on-site supervisor for hired staff
- Recruit, interview, hire and evaluate employees
- Conduct on-the-job and employee training
- Set and communicate work standards and performance expectations
- Work with Property Manager on all personnel issues
- Submit timesheet every two week to Property Manager
- Food Service
- Supervise kitchen staff (if applicable) to include house chef, assistant house chef, kitchen assistants, dishwashers, etc.
- Ensure that all food service areas, cooking equipment and utensils are clean and sanitary
- Ensure that food and supplies are properly stored and secure
- Ensure employees maintain strict standards of personal hygiene
- Ensure proper maintenance of appliances
- Collect invoices from house chef to scan to Property Manager for payment
- Financial Management
- Handles minor purchases such as daily operational expenses
- Collect invoices from vendors, verify their amounts and work completed and scan to Property Manager for payment
- Reconcile monthly credit card statement as well as house chef’s, if applicable
- Analyze financial performance of the house
- Other Duties as assigned by Property Manager to advance the mission and goals of Alpha Gamma Delta’s Fraternity Housing Corporation
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree recommended
- Previous house director, property management, residence life, Greek-lettered organization or other group living preferred
- Goal and team oriented, able to work closely with people while exhibiting a positive attitude
- Well organized and able to work and make sound decisions under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic functions of Email, Microsoft Word and Excel and scanning PDF files
- Must pass criminal background check
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Lifts and carries up to 35lbs on a daily basis
- Climbs stairs several times per day
- Reads invoices, manuals, labels, policies, etc.
- Kneels, bends, and reaches for items often
- Stands 65% of the time while working
- May work extended hours and/or non-traditional hours (i.e. able to respond to emergencies 24/7)
- Works indoors and outdoors
Supervisory Responsibilities: House Chef, Assistant House Chef, Housekeeper, Kitchen Assistant(s), Dishwasher, if applicable
Job-Status: Exempt and Full Time
Reports to: Assigned Property Manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.