Pi Beta Phi Sorority – University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97401
Start Date- September 2016
This is a “heart’ job that serves many roles: administrator, hostess, friend, and confidant to over 200 outstanding college-age women. The House Director we seek will be a warm, loving, physically able individual with proven ability to work positively with college-age women to insure a supportive, safe, and fun college living experience. The Phi Beta Phi sorority has been named top-sorority on the University of Oregon campus for the past consecutive four years. Pi Beta Phi routinely posts top grades for sororities. The chapter house was renovated in 2015 and offers a beautiful attached HD apartment with private office, kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills will positive solution-focused attitude.
* Basic to intermediate computer skills – MS Office (Word, Excel)
* Ability to understand computer systems – alarm systems, locking systems
* Ability to communicate electronically, email, scan, text
* Ability to work independently and maintain confidential material
* Professional and diplomatic interactions with students, parents, alumnae, service providers, university, and community resources
* Strong interpersonal skills with college-age women including patience, flexibility, and sense of humor
* Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary
* High standards of cleanliness and integrity
* Previous work with young people in schools, church, or organization
* Previous kitchen work
* Ensure a safe productive environment for collegians and staff
* Manage daily operations of the sorority chapter house for 53 live-in, 220 total members.
* Observe all fraternity and university policies and rules
* Assist in purchasing supplies for kitchen and housekeeping staff
* Manage multiple service providers and submits quotes and ready-to-pay invoices on a consistent basis.
* Communicate regularly with the Chapter House Corporation board and Executive collegian leadership
* Hire and supervise kitchen and housekeeping staff
* Communicate house maintenance and safety issues to CHC
* Communicate problems and/or unusual trends within the chapter to chapter leadership and chapter advisor
* Serve as official hostess for the chapter
* Create and foster a comfortable atmosphere within the chapter house
* Must be onsite, overnight, 7 nights per week when members are in residence, except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision
* 12 month salary
* Attached apartment with personal kitchen/office/LR/BR/Bath
* Utilities, TV with cable, Internet provided. Allowance for gasoline, cell phone, insurance
* All meals provided when collegians are in residence.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass background check
* Pi Beta Phi chapter houses are smoke, alcohol, marijuana, illegal-drug, pet and firearm free environments
* Previous experience a plus but not required
Send your application packet By January 15, 2016 to include:
1. Letter of interest
3. 3 Letters of recommendation
Email to: email@example.com
General mail to:
Pi Beta Phi House Director
1831 Riverwood Drive
Eugene, Oregon 97401