Sigma Delta Tau is searching for female house director that is professional and excited about working at our chapter at the University of Rhode Island.
The primary responsibilities are set by the House Corp. To oversee all aspects of rules, regulations and duties of the Chapter Housing Director are:
1. To attend and participate in campus meetings or any organization directly involving the
Chapter Housing Director.
2. To oversee the physical safety of the chapter house. She must see that health sanitation
inspection requirements and other inspection requirements are met.
3. To oversee the opening and closing of the chapter housing prior to the beginning of the first
term and at the close of the school year.
4. To do room inspections and keep damage reports.
5. To have general supervision of household supplies.
6. To oversee outside vendors providing services in the residence such as repair/handyman,
7. To create a home like atmosphere, to assist in maintaining standards of good taste and to
cooperate in every way to promote the welfare of the young women in the residence.
8. Must be trustworthy and able to keep confidential information private and will be required to
pass a background check.
Ideal candidates must have the following attributes:
1. Previous house director experience is preferred.
2. Be organized and detail orientated.
3. Respond well to written and verbal direction.
4. Communicate well with House Corp Pres. and Accountant via telephone and email.
5. Be a self-starter and task oriented with the ability to prioritize.
6. Must have experience managing staff in a team environment.
7. Must have basic computer skills including Internet and email.
8. Be able to live full-time in the chapter residence located at the University of Rhode. Time off
flexibility is given during the summer and university breaks. Other times must be arranged
and approved by the House Corp Pres. and the employee is responsible for finding a
9. Enjoy working and interacting with college students.
Included with the position is: room and board; all utilities including high definition cable, phone and wireless internet; and a designated parking spot. The chapter does offer the house director a spacious newly remodeled two room apartment with a private kitchen and a private full bathroom.
This chosen applicant will start on or around August 1, 2014 for the 2014/2015 academic year. Please submit resumes via email to Melissarubin28@gmail.com to the attention of Melissa Rubin
House Corp. Pres.
This is a pet-free and smoke-free facility.