Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Psi Chapter
University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
Position: House Director
Description of Position:
The house director is an employee of the chapter, and reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities Operation at Headquarters and the Facility Operations Advisor. With direction from the National Housing Corporation Liaison, the house director serves as the primary manager of the local chapter facility to ensure that an appropriate living and learning environment is maintained for chapter members.
The chapter has roughly 120 members, of which 47 live in the chapter house/ facility. The house director will interface with the chapter collegiate Vice President of Facility Operations, Facility Operations Advisor, HQ liaison, and the alumnae of the Local House Corporation. She will also provide assistance as necessary to the chapter members with housing related issues.
Specific responsibilities include:
Serving as risk manager for the chapter facility, assisting in coordination of inspections as required by university, local, state and federal laws and insurance; making recommendations on facility maintenance and repair needs, assisting in locating local vendors and contractors for general facility repairs and maintenance, supervising the opening and closing of the facility for the members in coordination with the VPFO to include room checks etc., conduct annual house inspections, and maintaining inventory of facility property.
Criteria for Selection:
Mature, responsible person with an interest in working with collegiate women. Knowledge of the Greek System, familiarity with technology and property management background is desirable.
Listed below is a more comprehensive breakdown of job responsibilities.
* Provides a safe environment
* Maintains homelike atmosphere
* Assists in maintaining standards of good taste
* Maintains friendly relationship with members and alumnae of chapter
* Provides guidance when requested
* Holds all house matters in confidence.
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
* Establishes rapport with other Greek house directors
* Participates in campus activities directly involving house directors
* Establishes rapport with the local fire department
* Knowledgeable about university resources for crisis management
* Attends all live- in meetings
* Reports any housing concerns to the housing advisor, chapter officer,
* Assists in developing and implementing house rules and/or the NHC housing liaison
* Assists house manager with fire drills
* Serves as a positive role model for building good chapter and Headquarter housing relationships.
MAINTENANCE AND HOUSING OPERATIONS
* Oversees upkeep of house and property
* Purchases necessary supplies for housing operations (when applicable)
* Reports needed repairs to the NHC housing liaison
* Oversees the opening/closing of the chapter at the start and end of the academic year and during university holidays.
* Catering Service
* Cleaning Service
* Student Waiters
* Oversees the kitchen and food management
* Keeps necessary records/inventories for capital improvements
* Keeps necessary records for food stock and inventories, where applicable
* Works with House Advisor and the Vice President Finance to monitor expenditures related to house maintenance/repairs and food expenses, where applicable.
Please email resume and photograph of yourself to email@example.com // cc: firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiry or interest.