The Alpha Xi Chapter of Gamma Phi Beta at Southern Methodist University is seeking a house director to start in June 2014. The house includes a suite for the house director and accommodates 34 student residents. The SMU campus is located in University Park, which is conveniently located to great shopping and dining.
The following is a summary of the house director's responsibilities:
1. Assist the HCB in hiring household employees, conducting background checks for employees prior to their first day of work, keeping time records for employees, and evaluating household employees.
2. Supervise the work activities of the household employees, including but not limited to scheduling their work hours. Promptly report any difficulties/problems of such employees directly to the HCB.
3. Serve as a contact with Campus Cooks, including but not limited to meeting with the chef hired by Campus Cooks to review menus, assisting HCB with evaluations of the chef, and working jointly with Campus Cooks, the house manager, and the HCB to obtain feedback from the residents.
4. Work with the chapter house manager on all chapter-related issues, such as repair needs and organizing a Moms club.
5. For functions outside the routine food service mealtimes, plan and arrange catering either through Campus Cooks or another chosen caterer.
6. Keep accurate records of household expenditures and catering events; stay within the budget as set by the HCB.
7. Receive, verify and timely submit to the HCB treasurer all bills for household expenditures.
8. Handle all payables.
9. Coordinate day-to-day Facility maintenance; promptly notify the HCB regarding major items needing attention.
10. Attend to opening and closing the Facility each term as directed by the HCB.
11. During summer months, assist summer residents, if any, with move in and address any immediate concerns; work with housekeeper and designated house manager(s) to keep facility in conditions similar to school months.