House Director Position Announcement
Western Michigan University
The Gamma Beta Chapter of Sigma Kappa Sorority at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo is seeking an experienced female house director to supervise the day-to-day maintenance, operation, and food service of the house for 36 live-in members. There are an additional 40 out-of-house members.
The specific duties of the house director include:
1. Hiring, supervising, and evaluating the Chef/Head Cook and Housekeeper(s);
2. Collecting and processing vendor invoices for food and kitchen supplies from the Chef;
3. Keeping an accurate record of dining room and household expenditures, endeavoring to stay within the budget, and turning over all bills for payment to the appropriate parties;
4. Contacting tradesmen to repair and maintain the house and property;
5. Managing the database for the house key fob lock system;
6. Reporting any damages and making recommendations on maintenance needs;
7. Arranging necessary inspections related to the maintenance, safety and security of the house;
8. Assisting with the carrying out of fire drills each semester, participating in semester end damage inspections, and helping to maintain inventories as needed;
9. Maintaining appropriate and professional relationships with the Corporation Board, Advisory Board, employees, the women of the sorority and their parents, and vendors.
10. Conferring regularly with the Corporation Board Officers and attend such meetings as may be requested;
11. Supervising cleaning and minor repairs and any workers employed for such purposes;
12. Assisting with any emergencies in the house following the Sigma Kappa Emergency Procedures;
13. Setting living standards for the common living areas; and
14. Conducting herself in such a manner as to cast the sorority in a positive light in all public interactions, and following all Sigma Kappa national and local housing policies and rules.
Salary is dependent on qualifications. The House Director is provided with a private onsite apartment (with kitchenette). Meals are provided during the academic year. The House Director is required to live onsite during the academic year (approximately mid-August through late May), but her apartment is available for year-round use if desired. The House Director will receive two weeks of paid vacation in addition to holidays and spring breaks of the University, which are also paid. The candidate who is selected may opt for either an academic year or 12 month contract.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
â€¢ Academic and/or practical experience working with high school or college students is desirable.
â€¢ Experience in any of the following career fields/industries is desirable:
-Student personnel management
-Nurse or related health care position
-Teaching at the high school or college level
-Director or manager of an office or a program
-Owner of a small business
â€¢ Membership in one of the 26 National Panhellenic Conference sororities as an undergraduate is a plus.
â€¢ Technology expertise: Must be able to email and text; must be able to use a computer for creating/reading/modifying Word documents; must be able to use a computer for reading/creating Excel documents; must be able to send and receive faxes and scan and send documents.
â€¢ Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sam Oâ€Neill via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 1, 2013.