Opening to start summer 2018 for full-time house director at Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO
House Director Job Description Summary
This position is primarily responsible for Chapter House safety, maintenance and upkeep, supervision of chapter house staff (if applicable) in addition to maintaining positive relationships with chapter members and vendors by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the safety and security of chapter house residents through the coordination of day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of chapter
- Notify the Affiliated House Corporation (AHC) regarding major items needing attention
- Seek approval from AHC for repair and maintenance to the chapter house in the event a situation requires immediate attention and/or an incident or service incurs a cost of over $200.
- Supervise activities of vendors or workmen
- Responsible for securely managing chapter house access and entry for residents and chapter
- Keep AHC informed of any inspection of the chapter house by insurance adjusters, fire department agents, university officials, government agents, or others concerned with the maintenance, safety and security of the house. Forward copies of any written reports to AHC.
- Ensure only authorized persons enter the chapter
- Work with AHC to oversee groundskeepers and other contractors for lawn and garden maintenance, tree trimming and gutter cleaning.
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance items, purchases and warranty items
- Order, manage, maintain and inventory household
- Maintain household accounts, as specified by the AHC
- Receive, verify and submit any bills for payment to
- Keep accurate records for employee credit card
- Coordinate food service operations to the chapter hosue (if applicable).
- Order, manage, inventory and maintain household food and supplies
- Organize menu plans in consultation with the chapter house manager, food committee and/or Food Service Provider (if applicable). Provide menu plans in advance, and adjust based on chapter member dietary needs or feedback.