Gamma Phi Beta is hiring facility directors! For a complete list of locations and job duties, and to apply, please visit https://www.gammaphibeta.org/Careers.
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a high-quality chapter facility experience for our members. The facility director carries out the following duties through facility maintenance and upkeep, supervision of staff (if applicable) and maintaining positive relationships with chapter members, stakeholders and vendors.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reside full time at the property and provide on-call coverage while the facility is open to residents.
- Provide on-site coverage as needed during the summer and other times while the facility is not open to residents to conduct property inspections and oversee capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Oversee facility access control, camera, security and fire monitoring systems.
- Conduct full facility walk-throughs and inspections of the property a minimum of twice a day, reporting findings to FMC professional staff as appropriate.
- Recommend facility updates and improvements to FMC professional staff based on property walk-throughs and results of maintenance reports from vendors. Work with vendors to conduct property improvements to uphold FMC facility standards.
- Compile, enter and manage workflow for all maintenance workorders in Gamma Phi Beta’s property management system (BlueFolder) and coordinate regular maintenance work to keep the facility in optimum running condition.
- Notify FMC professional staff of inspection of the facility by insurance adjusters, fire department agents, university officials, government agents or others concerned with the maintenance, safety and security of the house. Forward copies of inspection reports to FMC professional staff.
- In coordination with FMC professional staff, oversee all maintenance and service contracts for the property.
- Ensure groundskeeping and other lawn and garden maintenance is performed according to the FMC standards to maintain good curb appeal.
- Address emergency repairs and notify FMC professional staff immediately to report any damage, fire, accident or incident.
- Keep accurate records of all furniture, equipment, utility costs and vendor lists to include records of purchase dates, warranty items and equipment spec sheets.
- Ensure all service companies working for the facility present a current certificate of insurance and W-9 prior to beginning any work at the facility.
- Retain all copies of certificate of insurance and workers’ compensation.
- Maintain household accounts within a budget to include house supplies, cleaning, food service and general maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate facility food service operations within budget.
- Complete timecard daily in compliance with Gamma Phi Beta payroll policies and procedures.
- As applicable, supervise activities and time sheets for all facility employees.
- Responsible for coordinating with FMC professional staff to recruit, train and coordinate schedules for a substitute facility director should the need arise.
- Partner with FMC professional staff for all human resources-related activities regarding legal compliance, hiring, payroll, conflict resolution, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
An associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (further education is a plus); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet software; spreadsheet software (Excel); electronic mail software (email); SharePoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and the use of OpenPhone (online voice and text system); and all corresponding devices such as printer, scanner and fax machine; and be proficient navigating Gamma Phi Beta website resources.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Professional, outgoing, customer-service oriented manner.
- Proactive, self-directed and able to independently solve problems.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to use independent judgement and proper discretion in conducting job functions and responsibilities.
- Greek membership and/or experience preferred.
- Willingness to communicate in creative ways with our membership.
This position will be based at an assigned chapter facility; full-time residence at the facility is required.