Alpha Omicron Chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha at the University of Iowa is seeking a full-time, live-in female house director beginning August 2013. Magnificent newly decorated chapter house, with additional updates scheduled for Summer 2013, sleeps 40; chapter has 100 women and growing.
Eligible candidates must possess a good work ethic, excellent communication, social, organizational and managerial skills. In addition she must be able to perform physical tasks such as climbing stairs, shopping and carrying groceries and on occasion, lifting packages up to 20 pounds.
This academic-year, full-time position requires working evenings and weekends with vacations scheduled in conjunction with breaks in the academic calendar when the house is closed to residents. It includes room and board in an on-site, air conditioned apartment with living room, bedroom and bathroom. Also included are utilities, telephone, cable TV and parking. Please note, the sorority house is smoke, alcohol and pet free.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a role model to the wonderful women of Zeta Tau Alpha
- Hire, train, and supervise all employees of the chapter
- Track all household expenses
- Prepare payroll information for the treasurer
- Direct and oversee the opening and closing of the Chapter House each semester and scheduled academic breaks (Thanksgiving, Spring Break)
- Order or purchase all food, supplies and equipment necessary for the proper operation of the Chapter House, within the confines of the House Management Budget
- Manage the upkeep of the Chapter House property in regards to cleaning, repair and maintenance of the physical property of the Chapter House, itâ€s furnishings and equipment
- Oversee and direct the operation of the kitchen
- Meet with Chapter leadership team as requested and House Manager on a regular basis
All interested candidates should send resume and references to email@example.com