This position is responsible for creating a safe and inviting chapter facility for our members. The facility director carries out the following duties through facility maintenance and upkeep, supervision of staff (if applicable) and maintaining positive relationships with chapter members and vendors.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the safety and security of facility residents through the coordination and oversight of day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of chapter facility.
- Mange the access controls for the facility to include exterior doors, bedroom doors, exterior cameras and fire monitoring panels.
- Seek approval from Facilities Management Company (FMC) staff for repair and maintenance to the facility in situations that require immediate attention and/or incidents that incur a cost of more than $500.
- Supervise activities of vendors or onsite workers.
- Notify FMC staff regarding major items needing attention.
- Keep FMC staff informed of any inspection of the facility by insurance adjusters, fire department agents, university officials, government agents or others concerned with the maintenance, safety and security of the house. Forward copies of any written reports to FMC staff. Ensure only authorized persons enter the facility.
- Work with FMC staff to oversee and manage groundskeepers and other contractors for lawn and garden maintenance, tree trimming and gutter cleaning and snow removal as necessary.
- Attend to emergency repairs and notify FMC staff to report any damage, fire, accident or incident.
- Responds and communicates quickly during all emergency situations and notifies appropriate parties of the situation.
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance items, purchases and warranty items.
- Orders, manages, maintains and inventories household supplies within budget.
- For housekeeping services, outline required cleaning supplies in the service contract.
- Ensure all service companies working for the facility present a current Certificate of Insurance and W9 prior to beginning any work.
- Retain all copies of Certificate of Insurance and workman’s comp insurance.
- Maintain household accounts within a budget to include house supplies, cleaning, food service and general maintenance and repairs.
- Follow Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.’s credit card expense policy by submitting all receipts and reconciling employee issued credit card. Prior approval required for purchases of more than $200.
- Coordinate food service operations to the facility within budget.
- Order, manage, inventory and maintain household food and supplies.
- Organize menu plans in consultation with the chapter facility manager and food committee.
- Review and post menu plans in advance.
- Adjust menus based on chapter member dietary needs and feedback.
- Hold weekly food committee meetings with food service provider and collegians serving on the food committee.
- Encourage members to use food service provider apps to supply timely feedback.
- In conjunction with the facility manager, oversee guest meal sign in to ensure the proper policy/procedure is followed.
- Ensure that meals are served and made available as specified in chapter members’ housing agreements. Seek approval from facility manager and chapter president for any deviation in the meal plan.
- As applicable, supervise activities and timesheets for all facility employees.
- Partner with FMC staff for all human resources related activities regarding legal compliance, hiring, payroll, conflict resolution, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Functions
- Submit monthly Facility Director Report to FMC staff.
- Manage and supervise the opening and closing of the facility each term.
- Comply with university regulations and report as required.
- Meet weekly with the chapter president, facility manager and other relevant officers.
- Attend meetings as requested and provide any necessary reports.
- Obtain social calendar from facility manager and address any scheduling conflicts as needed.
- Act as official hostess for the chapter, creating a gracious atmosphere.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the collegiate chapter members and report any concerns to the appropriate FMC staff member or Sorority volunteer.
- Report violations of facility rules to facility manager, financial vice president, chapter president, chapter advisor or financial advisor. The facility director is not expected or permitted to discipline members.
- This position is very active and requires significant walking, bending kneeling and climbing of stairs.
- The employee must frequently lift of move items more than 25 pounds.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (further education a plus); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet software; spreadsheet software (Excel); electronic mail software (email); and all corresponding devices such as printer, scanner and fax machine.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Professional, outgoing, customer-service oriented manner.
- Proactive, self-directed, and able to independently solve problems.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to use independent judgement and proper discretion in carrying out job functions and responsibilities.
- Greek membership and/or experience preferred.
Business Related Contacts
Gamma Phi Beta Facilities Management Company staff and volunteers, Sorority members, Sorority volunteers, university staff and/or advisors, and related vendors/outside parties.
This position will be based at an assigned chapter facility, full-time residence at the facility required.