This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a high-quality chapter facility experience for our members. The facility director carries out the following duties through facility maintenance and upkeep, supervision of staff (if applicable) and maintaining positive relationships with chapter members, stakeholders and vendors.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reside full time at the property and provide on-call coverage while the facility is open to residents.
- Provide on-site coverage as needed during the summer and other times while the facility is not open to residents to conduct property inspections and oversee capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Oversee facility access control, camera, security and fire monitoring systems.
- Conduct full facility walk-throughs and inspections of the property a minimum of twice a day, reporting findings to FMC professional staff as appropriate.
- Recommend facility updates and improvements to FMC professional staff based on property walk-throughs and results of maintenance reports from vendors. Work with vendors to conduct property improvements to uphold FMC facility standards.
- Compile, enter and manage workflow for all maintenance workorders in Gamma Phi Beta’s property management system (BlueFolder) and coordinate regular maintenance work to keep the facility in optimum running condition.
- Oversee vendor access while on-site.
- Notify FMC professional staff of inspection of the facility by insurance adjusters, fire department agents, university officials, government agents or others concerned with the maintenance, safety and security of the house. Forward copies of inspection reports to FMC professional staff.
- In coordination with FMC professional staff, oversee all maintenance and service contracts for the property.
- Ensure groundskeeping and other lawn and garden maintenance is performed according to the FMC standards to maintain good curb appeal.
- Address emergency repairs and notify FMC professional staff immediately to report any damage, fire, accident or incident.
- Respond to and communicate quickly during all emergency situations and notify appropriate parties of the situation.
- Keep accurate records of all furniture, equipment, utility costs and vendor lists to include records of purchase dates, warranty items and equipment spec sheets.
- Ensure all service companies working for the facility present a current certificate of insurance and W-9 prior to beginning any work at the facility.
- Retain all copies of certificate of insurance and workers’ compensation.
- Maintain household accounts within a budget to include house supplies, cleaning, food service and general maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor housekeeping service, if applicable, to ensure supplies for cleaning meet service contract requirements.
- Follow credit card expense policy by submitting all receipts and reconciling employee issued credit card.
- Coordinate facility food service operations within budget.
- Order, manage, inventory and maintain household food and supplies.
- As needed, assist kitchen vendor in executing meal delivery as outlined in the food service contract.
- Organize menu plans in consultation with the chapter house facility manager and/or food committee. Ensure menus are reviewed, posted and adjusted to member dietary needs and feedback, as needed.
- In conjunction with the facility manager, oversee guest meal sign-in to ensure the proper policy/procedure is followed.
- Ensure that meals are served and made available as specified in chapter members’ housing agreements. Seek approval from facility manager and chapter president for any deviation in the meal plan.
- Complete timecard daily in compliance with Gamma Phi Beta payroll policies and procedures.
- Manage time to complete duties within assigned 40-hour work week; anticipate and receive appropriate prior written approval from FMC professional staff for any overtime work. In the case of an emergency situation, overtime should be communicated to FMC professional staff via phone call as soon as possible.
- As applicable, supervise activities and time sheets for all facility employees.
- Responsible for coordinating with FMC professional staff to recruit, train and coordinate schedules for a substitute facility director should the need arise.
- Partner with FMC professional staff for all human resources-related activities regarding legal compliance, hiring, payroll, conflict resolution, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Functions
- Submit weekly Facility Evaluation Form to FMC managerial staff.
- Set, post and follow office hour schedule for each semester.
- Manage and supervise the opening and closing of the facility for all academic breaks to include the collection and submission of completed check-in/-out forms within a timely manner.
- Meet weekly with the chapter president, facility manager and other relevant officers.
- Meet biweekly with FMC manager and attend monthly FMC facility director meetings.
- Attend meetings as requested and provide any necessary reports.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the collegiate chapter members and report any concerns to the appropriate FMC professional staff member or sorority volunteer.
- Report violations of facility rules to facility manager, financial vice president, chapter president, chapter advisor or financial advisor. The facility director is not expected or permitted to discipline members.
- Obtain social calendar from facility manager and address any scheduling conflicts, as needed.
- Act as official hostess for the chapter, creating a gracious atmosphere.
- This position is highly active and requires significant walking, bending, kneeling and climbing stairs.
- This includes but is not limited to light janitorial and maintenance support.
- The employee must frequently lift or move items over 25 pounds. The employee may periodically lift or move items up to 50 pounds.
Education and/or Experience
An associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (further education is a plus); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet software; spreadsheet software (Excel); electronic mail software (email); SharePoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and the use of OpenPhone (online voice and text system); and all corresponding devices such as printer, scanner and fax machine; and be proficient navigating Gamma Phi Beta website resources.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Professional, outgoing, customer-service oriented manner.
- Proactive, self-directed and able to independently solve problems.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to use independent judgement and proper discretion in conducting job functions and responsibilities.
- Greek membership and/or experience preferred.
- Willingness to communicate in creative ways with our membership.
This position will be based at an assigned chapter facility; full-time residence at the facility is required.
Gamma Phi Beta offers a full benefits package, including health, life, disability, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid time off; and participation in Gamma Phi Beta’s 401(k) plan after a year of eligible service.