Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Job Description
Job Title: Facility Director
This position is responsible for creating a safe and inviting chapter facility for our members. The facility director carries out the following duties through facility maintenance and upkeep, and maintaining positive relationships with chapter members and vendors.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the safety and security of facility residents through the coordination and oversight of day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of chapter facility.
- Manage the access controls for the facility to include exterior doors, bedroom doors, exterior cameras and fire monitoring panels.
- Seek approval from Affiliated House Corporation board (AHC) for repair and maintenance to the facility.
- Supervise activities of vendors.
- Notify AHC regarding major items needing attention.
- Keep AHC informed of any inspection of the facility by insurance adjusters, fire department agents, university officials, government agents or others concerned with maintenance, safety and security of the house. Forward copies of any written reports to AHC. Ensure only authorized persons enter the facility.
- Work with AHC to oversee and manage contractors for lawn and garden maintenance, tree trimming and gutter cleaning and snow removal.
- Attend to emergency repairs and notify AHC to report any damage, fire, accident or incident.
- Responds and communicates quickly during all emergency situations and notifies appropriate parties of the situation.
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance items, purchases and warranty items.
- Orders, manages, maintains and inventories household supplies.
- Touch base with College Chefs management each year
- Touch base with cleaning company regarding any needs
- Order all paper goods for the house
- Coordinate food service operations with College Chefs.
- Organize menu plans in consultation with the chapter facility manager.
- Review and post menu plans in advance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Functions
- Submit monthly facility director report to AHC.
- Manage and supervise the opening and closing of the facility each term.
- Move in
- Prepare individual folders for all members
- Reactive door codes
- Distribute keys
- Welcome members and parents
- Assign door codes
- Prepare beds with mattress pads
- Move out (Winter and Summer)
- Inspect all rooms to determine room charges
- Coordinate for deep clean of the house
- Perform move meetings with a member of each room
- Deactivate door codes
- Comply with university regulations and report as required.
- Meet weekly with the chapter president, facility manager and other relevant officers.
- Attend meeting as requested and provide any necessary reports.
- Obtain social calendar from chapter facility manager and be present for events such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Dad’s Weekend (Fall)
- Home Football Games
- Founder’s Day Brunch
- Grilled Cheese Fundraiser
- Founder’s Day Brunch
- Mom’s Weekend (Spring)
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the collegiate chapter members and report any concerns to the AHC.
- Report violations of facility rules to facility manager. The facility director is not expected or permitted to discipline members.
- This position is very active and requires significant walking, bending, kneeling and climbing of stairs.
- Move in
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (further education a plus); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet software, EXCEL, email, and connected printer.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Professional, outgoing, customer-service oriented manner.
- Proactive, self-directed, and able to independently solve problems.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to use independent judgement and proper discretion in carrying out job functions and responsibilities.
- Greek membership and/or experience preferred.
This position requires full-time residence at the facility, with vacation days approved by the AHC.