The primary responsibilities and duties of the Chapter Housing Supervisor are:
1. To attend and participate in campus meetings or any organization directly involving the Chapter Housing Supervisor.
2. To oversee the physical safety of the chapter house. She must see that health sanitation inspection requirements and other inspection requirements are met.
3. To oversee the opening and closing of the chapter housing prior to the beginning of the first term and at the close of the school year.
4. To have general supervision of menu planning and purchase of food supplies and other household supplies and to provide well-balanced and varied meals, all within an allotted budget.
5. To hire, train and supervise bus and housekeeping staff, working within the budget allowed, and to keep accurate records by using time sheets of the working hours for all employees.
6. To oversee outside vendors providing services in the residence such as repair/handyman, etc.
7. To create a home like atmosphere, to assist in maintaining standards of good taste and to cooperate in every way to promote the welfare of the young women in the residence.
Ideal candidates must have the following attributes:
1. Previous house director experience is preferred.
2. Be organized and detail orientated.
3. Respond well to written and verbal direction.
4. Communicate well with direct supervisor via telephone and email.
5. Be a self-starter and task oriented with the ability to prioritize.
6. Must have experience managing staff in a team environment.
7. Must have basic computer skills including Internet and email.
8. Be able to live full time in the chapter residence located near the University of Michigan campus during the fall and winter semesters. The chosen applicant is encouraged to live in the chapter house over the summer. Time off flexibility is given during the summer and university breaks. Other times must be arranged and approved by the direct supervisor and the employee is responsible for finding a substitute.
9. Enjoy working and interacting with college students.
Compensation is negotiable. Included with the position is: room and board; all utilities including high definition cable and wireless internet; and a designated parking spot. The chapter does offer the house director a spacious newly furnished two room apartment with a big flat screen TV (with a private entrance) and a private full bathroom. The house director also has access to the chapter house guest room for personal visitors.
The University of Michigan is located in Ann Arbor which is a vibrant university town. The city offers great dining, cultural and shopping opportunities and is about 30 minutes from a major regional airport.
This chosen applicant will start on or around August 1, 2014 for the 2014/2015 academic year. Housing for this summer prior to the contract start date is available so please inquire if interested. Please submit resumes via email to email@example.com to the attention of Carrie Richardson, Property advisor.