Name of the Sorority: Phi Sigma Rho
Campus location: Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Date the position begins: August 1, 2018
We are a social sorority for women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) majors. Our house is located in The Acres (Purdue’s Greek housing area) and was completely renovated in 2009.
Job description: Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Interface with the House Corporation (Alpha Corp.), as directed.
- Physical facilities management.
- Day to day management and coordination of the operations of the physical structure and grounds including cleanliness, safety, and security.
- Keep Alpha Corp. Board advised concerning the condition of the house and furnishings and the need for repair and upgrades.
- Understand/adhere to limits set by Alpha Corp. for authorized actions in the reporting of safety/security issues and dollar expenditures.
- Regular reporting requirements as defined by Alpha Corp.
- Ensuring that duties to be performed by chapter members are done in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Employee Management
- Hire and supervise day-to-day activities of the wait staff.
- Work with kitchen staff in the following areas:
- Coordination of Chapter activities with chef to ensure that appropriate notice is given to the chef to plan for events requiring food preparation.
- Coordinate the opening and closing of the kitchen with the chef as directed by Alpha Corp.
- Ensuring that the dishwasher is clear and on before the chef arrives in the morning.
- Chapter Relations
- Assist in coordinating Chapter events between the Chapter and staff.
- Interface with the Alpha Chapter Director of Housing and President.
- Act as a point of contact for maintenance issues.
- Be available to assist, advise, counsel and refer chapter members to appropriate resources as needed.
- Vendor/Supplier Relations
- Promote positive relations
- Identify any necessary repairs needed to the chapter house.
- Work with housekeeping vendors to ensure the common areas of the House are maintained as expected by the Alpha Corp. and active members.
- Oversee opening/closing of house, as directed by the Alpha Corp board.
- Participate in annual inventory and ensure that the inventory list is kept current.
- Relations with the University, community and national sorority.
- Abide by, support and enforce University, city and national sorority rules and regulations as they apply.
- Abide by, support and enforce all local, state and federal laws.
- Cooperate with alumnae and sorority officers to insure enforcement of rules and regulations.
- Maintain a standard of personal professional conduct which reflects positively on the Chapter and serves as an example to Chapter members.
- Other duties which may be assigned as required to maintain operation, safety and security of the facility.
The House Director is a live-in position reporting to the President of the House Corporation Board and acts as a liaison between the corporation board and the House staff and vendors, including but not limited to the chef, housekeeper, waiters, and handyman.
The House Director is required to remain onsite during the night when the chapter is in the house. The House Director is expected to work at least 25 hours per week including nights and weekends.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across diverse groups including collegians, alumnae, parents, university staff and personnel, community resources and vendors and suppliers.
- Effective decision-making skills
- Positive, solution-focused attitude.
- Teamwork approach
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enjoy working with young women, be flexible and aware of the unique demands of living and working with university students.
- Time Management and organizational skills
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience working with Greek Letter Organizations preferred.
- Experience in property/facilities management, food service, counseling or human services.
- Budget and financial management at an organizational level.
- Applicant must be willing to submit to a comprehensive background check prior to employment.
- Applicants are limited to women only.
- Knowledge and understanding of college residence housing and their challenges (fraternity/sorority homes)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate and enforce guidelines
- House director may not be an enrolled undergraduate student at Purdue University.
- Ability to serve in an advisory role and handle confidential information with upmost discretion.
- Living accommodations include a one-bedroom, single occupancy, apartment with private bathroom. Access to the public rooms of the chapter house.
- Meals at the chapter house including access to the house kitchen.
- Parking for one vehicle
- Utilities, cable TV and internet connection
- University holidays and one weekend off per semester.
- Salary-10 month contract
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume including experience and references to Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org.