Delta Gamma offers to women of all ages a rich heritage based on principles of personal integrity, personal responsibility and intellectual honesty. Its primary purpose is to foster high ideals of friendship, promote educational and cultural interests, create a true sense of social responsibility and develop the finest qualities of character. Through service, leadership, mentoring and friendship opportunities, our members are able to develop individually while advancing the organization as a whole. Honesty, truth, responsibility, accountability and our high quality of character help to create the strong, talented women of Delta Gamma. Through legacy and loyalty, Delta Gamma continues to grow, achieve, thrive and succeed. We are rich in heritage and tradition, and our Delta Gamma pride empowers us to forever "do good."
Delta Gamma - Gamma Rho at Wittenberg University is seeking a House Director to start mid June 2018/beginning of July 2018. There are 23 collegiate live-ins with a Chapter size of 82.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the direction of the House Corporation Board (HCB), the House Director’s primary responsibility is managing a gracious, well-organized, fiscally sound, safe and secure, smoothly operating sorority house.
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff.
- Observes HCB policies and procedures.
- Manages multiple service providers.
- Coordinates routine maintenance.
- Creates strategy for the long term care and upkeep of the facility and presents to the House Corporation Board.
- Purchases kitchen and cleaning and other necessary supplies.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the HCB.
- Manages all minor repairs under $500. Notifies HCB of major repairs that exceed $500 with estimates that need to be done. Reports immediately to the HCB, all damages which require insurance claims.
- Communicates any unusual trends and/or problems within the chapter to the chapter adviser.
- Adheres to campus, Fraternity and Chapter policies and rules.
- Communicates regularly with Chapter President and House Manager.
- Maintains and is responsible for a petty cash fund for small expenses.
- Serves as the official hostess for the Chapter at social events held at the Chapter House.
- Creates a comfortable atmosphere within the Chapter House.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous House Director or Property Management experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Basic bookkeeping.
- Ability to perform basic functions of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel such as simple spreadsheets and scanning.
- Positive solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with students, parents, alumnae, service providers and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with college-age women, patience, and flexibility.
- Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Time Commitment and Benefits
A suite, utilities cable and internet are provided. All meals will be provided when the collegians are in the house. Forty hour workweek; must be onsite, overnight, seven nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision.
No relocation expenses available.
**This is a smoke, alcohol, animal and firearms free environment.